Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Thinking twice!

Do you ever wonder about what effect certain people may have had on you and how that may have helped shape the person you are today or the life that you have? I wonder about things like that sometimes. I wonder about certain people that came into my life either for a short period of time or others who spiratically appear various times throughout my life and what affect they may have had or still have on the shaping of me. Most especially in relation to the people who have always been present...how much of them is now part of me and how much of their essence has been transmitted into the shaping process of my personality?

I believe to a certain extent that we (humans and animals but i'm referring to humans...hahaha) instinctively know whether someone is going to help or hinder us...friend or foe? and that sometimes, we tune off these warning signals because we are either curious, insecure, self-conscious or even careless enough to let life take us where it will as though we are not in any type of control. If I am surrounded by people who would rather hinder as apposed to help then shouldn't I at least try to set myself free from possible future bad choices, most especially if I can forshadow what they may end up being? Have I not been influenced enough to know the difference?

Isn't it so that the more life experiences we have, the better job we have at distinguishing between what is good for us and what is bad... And if we try to grow from every experience, then at least we can say this is progress...right?!?! For every person it may be different. For some people the time it takes for one to evolve in comparison to another may be totally different most especially with regards to what areas we are evolving ourselves in. I mentioned in one of my previous posts that individually we all have value, we all add something unique and special to the world, some feel they know what that is...others are forever in search of it and the majority really don't care if they find it or not!

I suppose I know for myself, the answer to all of the questions above and I suppose the help or hinder process is up to me to decide. I believe people should follow their hearts, follow what is true, focus on what is helpful to them and leave behind by giving no importance to what may be hindering their achievements, goals and objectives. Think twice the next time you find yourself in a situation where you are unsure of yourself. Stop and really think twice about what you are saying, hearing and doing by realising that you know the answer to most of the questions you are asking yourself just by thinking twice. I saw something that inspires being brave and I feel this applies significantly to this process. Be brave enough to take a step in the right direction if that requires leaving your comfort zone and/or what is familiar to you. Allow yourself to walk into the unknown with the utter faith only in yourself and the confidence you have in you to know that no matter what, you are going to come out on top! Be brave enough to believe you CAN... just because! Think twice, three times or four if you have to but come to the conclusion that you can do more then survive, you can prosper and achieve everywhere you turn.

1 comment: